Hmmmm, to pose or not to pose? We all want the pictures on our wedding day to be amazing and capture the true essence of the moment, but really when it comes down to it, how do you really get those great, beautiful, timeless photos??
#1 most important detail:
Hire yourself a 100% fantabulous photographer!! I had a most excellent chat with my favorite, the lovely and ever so talented Tania DiMeglio from Red Handed Photography and she sums it up very well. “When it comes to the posed images they are important but they don’t always tell the entire story”. Here are some clever tips that Tania had to offer:
- Have an engagement shoot with your photographer it’s not only a good idea, but also a very practical way to build a good working relationship with them as well as get used to how they work.
- Do your homework! Be sure to write down all of the shots/groupings you’d like and talk this over with your photographer.
- Gather pictures/poses that you really like and show them to your photographer, but….be realistic! Is the location, weather, and lighting going to be conducive to what you want? Talking with your photographer and having a good working relationship with them will help you get what you are looking for.
- Relax, relax, relax, have fun and enjoy yourselves.
- Look for a photographer who’s not afraid of editing, ask them how many images do they typically take for a wedding. Tania averages around the 2,500 mark! Take into consideration that many times the best shots come from either before or after the “pose” .
Trust your photographer! By the time it’s your wedding day and if you’ve done all your homework you should be confident in knowing your photographer will get all the shots you’re looking for. At this point you can relax and enjoy your day and you will blessed with some amazing, unforgettable photos to last a lifetime!
Have fun and enjoy!!!!
website: http://www.redhandedphotography.com blog: http://www.redhandedphotography.blogspot.com email: email@example.com